8.19.2011

Happy Friday... [Summer] Reading List


I read the Hunger Games series last week, and it was sooooo good. And got even more excited when I read through the cast of the Hunger Games movie. Bravo casting team... I cant wait to see it. Lenny Kravitz as Cinna and Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss are exactly what I pictured.  

I also just finished reading Bitter is the New Black by Jen Lancaster pretty hilarious.

I got a bunch of recommendations back in June on Facebook (including the 4 I just finished). Thanks Sarah and Jessica.
Here is the list that I am working my way through (in no particular order):
  • My Life in France- Julia Child (compliments of Christian Julia)
  • One Day by David Nicholls :) (compliments of Kyle Knight)
  • 19th Wife by David Ebershoff (compliments of Linda)
  • Sex With Kings by Eleanor Herman (also from Linda)
  • Neverwhere- Gaiman (from lovely Cousin Jessica)
  • Written on the Body- jeanette winterson (also from Jessica) 
  • Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann. (compliments of Buck Johnston & Ericka Hedgecock)
  • Devil in a White City by Eric Larsen (compliments of Gina)
  • Tana French and Kate Atkinson -- read them in order if you can (from Jenny)
  • The House at Riverton (from Jenny)
  • A Reliable Wife (also from Jenny)
  • Life of Pi (Roberto Ventura)  
  • Forever" by Pete Hamill (compliments of Liz)
  • The Filter Bubble by Eli Pariser which also has a good website HERE (from Ericka)
  • Cloud Atlas by Liam Callanan (from Ericka)
  • Methland by Nick Reding (from Ericka)
And as there is not much time left in Summer... (thank goodness cause of this Texas Heat!!) this may become my working reading list. I wanted to put it all on the blog so I can share and get back to it easily.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...